East European humor

David Powelstock pstock at BRANDEIS.EDU
Mon Oct 17 20:52:19 UTC 2005

Dear Colleagues,

I have a student writing a paper on political humor in Danilo Kis's "Tomb
for Boris Davidovich," Kundera's "Joke, and "Konwicki's "Polish Complex."
I'm trying to help her find some sources on East European and/or Slavic
humor in these works and/or more generally.  I would be very grateful for
any suggestions anyone might have for sources.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

David

David Powelstock

Asst. Prof. of Russian & East European Literatures

Chair, Program in Russian & East European Studies

Brandeis University

GREA, MS 024

Waltham, MA  02454-9110

781.736.3347 (Office)