Russian/Soviet Films on the Cold War

Chuck Arndt chuckarndt at YAHOO.COM
Mon Oct 17 22:48:01 UTC 2005

Dear SEELANGERS,

A student of mine wants to do a film series on the
Cold War - he has in mind a number of American films
such as "The Spy Who Came in from the Cold" and
"Doctor Strangelove" as well as the German film
"Goodbye Lenin."  I told him as far as Russian films
go he should begin with WWII, which sets the stage for
the Cold War .  There are many Russian films that deal
with WWII, but does anyone know of Russian/Soviet
films that deal specifically with the Cold War?

I would be very grateful for any suggestions,

Sincerely,

Charles Arndt