Discourses of Violence

Mark Leiderman Mark.Leiderman at COLORADO.EDU
Wed Oct 19 04:29:05 UTC 2005

Rima,  ogromnoe spasibo za podderzhku! Kak vy ponimaete, ia grubo peredernut.
Stoit li mne na eto otvetit' priamo?

Vash mark

Quoting Rimgaila Salys <Salys at buffmail.Colorado.EDU>:

> It seems to me that Babel's depiction of the cossacks in Red Cavalry is
> perfectly consistent with Girardian theories of ritualized violence in
> society.  I've noticed that many people who have lived through/escaped
> Stalinism or even its gentler successors are very resistant to myth criticism
> as a way of approaching the Soviet era, and here one has to agree to
> disagree.

Mark Lipovetsky [Leiderman]
Associate Professor of Russian Studies and Comparative Literature,
Department of Germanic and Slavic Languages and Literatures,
CU-Boulder, UCB 276, Boulder CO 80309
Fax: (303)492-5376
Tel: 303-492-7957