two questions in the translation realm

Wayles Browne ewb2 at CORNELL.EDU
Thu Sep 8 17:13:22 UTC 2005

Nina Shevchuk-Murray asks:

>2) Besides "Two Lines" are there other journals that publish
>translations on a regular basis. "Paintbrush," I think, is one, but
>the editor is on a break for the rest of the year...

Forwarded from the Balkans list:
"Our critically acclaimed world journal is looking for new unpublished
translations of poetry from the Balkan area.
Visions-International has just completed 25 years of publishing poetry
from all over the world. We regularly publish poetry from the Balkans
and have done several special issues/collections from that area,
including a special collection of poetry from all the Balkan nations
in 1995, and special issues on Bulgaria, Romania and Macedonia. Most
issues contain at least a few modern poems from the Balkans.

Translators can submit their work via e-mail to the editor Prof.
Bradley R. Strahan at: bradstrahan at yahoo.com, or by regular mail, with
IRC or e-mail address for reply, to VISIONS-INTERNATIONAL, 3503
Ferguson Lane, Austin, Texas 78754, U.S.A..

All submitted poetry should not have been previously published in
English translation and not submited elsewhere.

Thank you for your interest.

Sincerely,  Bradley R. Strahan"

(it's not limited to Balkan poetry--every issue includes poems from a
variety of countries, including Central and Eastern Europe.)

--

Wayles Browne, Assoc. Prof. of Linguistics
Department of Linguistics

tel. 607-255-0712 (o), 607-273-3009 (h)
fax 607-255-2044 (write FOR W. BROWNE)
e-mail ewb2 at cornell.edu