Russian for "handout"

Nicole Monnier monniern at MISSOURI.EDU
Mon Sep 19 18:43:31 UTC 2005

SEELANGStsy!

An utterly frivolous question for a Monday afternoon: what would be the the
best Russian equivalent for the word ³handout² (=xeroxed materials given out
in class)?  My informants (= 2 native speaker teaching assistants!) tell me
that ³razdatochnye materialy² doesn¹t necessarily mean the material is
xeroxed (eg, it could include books distributed in class).  I have the sense
that I¹ve seen/heard the word ³khendaut², but am I right in suspecting that
this is a creation of American teachers of Russian / teachers of Russian in
America?

Curiously,

Nicole

Nicole Monnier
Assistant Professor of Instruction
Director of Undergraduate Studies (Russian)
German & Russian Studies
415 GCB
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211