Question

Furman, Yelena yfurman at HUMNET.UCLA.EDU
Thu Apr 6 16:17:44 UTC 2006

Dear Natasha,
One of my former students is currently teaching with Language Link in Moscow.  Here's what she has to say (the following comments come directly from her, pasted with her permission):

Yes, I teach with Language Link - Russia, and I have a
LOT of opinions about it!  First and foremost, I
would tell any candidate that there is quite a bit of
travelling involved (to the teachers' office, to your
various places of work around Moscow etc).  This
travelling often involves lots of books.  It's
definitely not a "comfortable" job, but it can be very
rewarding.

That's my main thought at the moment...oh, and that
the Russian teachers and classes at Language Link in
Moscow have been really, really excellent and
flexible.
Basically, if you want to study Russian, opt for the
minimum teaching hours, as lesson planning and
travelling to and from work can be very time
consuming.

Working for Language Link has definitely
been, thus far, a really good learning experience!

The Russian language department is excellent though.
Right now they're actually running Russian classes for
visiting university students from England.  It's sort
of like an EAP program for them, and they call it
RLUS.

Hope this helps.
Best,
Yelena Furman