Ukrainian Translation for "Click"

Maryna Vinarska vinarska at YAHOO.COM
Mon Apr 10 12:56:44 UTC 2006

It's one of my native languages, but I have never heard any equivalent as a noun. I suppose that the English word "click" will be adopted sooner or later like it happened to many other English words.
Paraphrase depending on what you have in English. Write smth like "Vidpustka vashoji mriji lyshe za myt' vid vas. Nam dosyt' lyshe natysnuty myshkoju." "Odyn natysk myshkoju, i vashi problemy polagodzheno." So maybe it's "natysk". But I am not sure. "Klaznit' myshkoju"... Why not? But NOT "odyn klaz"...
But I can't figure out how "pay-per-click" may look like in Ukrainian. Never payed any attention to all those adds around me. I suppose it is always in English.
MV

Lesya McMinn <lesya.mcminn at GMAIL.COM> wrote: Does anyone out there know a good Ukrainian translation of "click" (as
a noun used in computer terminology - Pay-per-click advertising,
click-through, "Your dream vacation is only a few clicks away")

There is the Russian noun shelchok (verb shyolkat). And there is a
Ukrainian verb "klatsnuty" but as far as I know there is no comparable
noun ("klats" would sound a bit odd, though I have seen it used in the
Google Ukrainian localization)

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Lesya