a bookish term for "well-endowed"

Maryna Vinarska vinarska at YAHOO.COM
Tue Apr 11 08:18:16 UTC 2006

I agree. It simply slipped my memory. I read your posting after I sent
mine. But mine "also colloquial" meant that "grudastaja" is as
qolloquial as the English word is. I have "Oxford Advanced Learner's D." on my
desk. It says that the English word is "informal, humourous". So I wrote
what I wrote.
And as to "pyshnogrudaja",  yes, it is not "informal or humorous", but
exactly from the HIGH-brow literature.
And I have no idea if the English word is really informal and humorous
in American English. It's the first time I have seen this word at all,
I think.
MV

Inna Caron <caron.4 at OSU.EDU> wrote: Ladies, I assure you, regardless of what the dictionary says, the term
"pyshnogrudaia" (as well as "vysokogrudaia") is what has been used in
high-brow literature, both native and translated from other languages.

~IC