non-bookish terms for "well-endowed," etc.

Allison Elena N. Elena.Levintova at MONTEREY.ARMY.MIL
Wed Apr 12 15:24:51 UTC 2006

Recently, looking for authentic audio materials, I came across a Russian
podcast named "Sis'ki-pis'ki show." The very title includes some of the
"culturally attractive body parts in Russian culture." I think this very
title also meets the definition of "the contemporary non-bookish, as in
Street" language...
:-)

Elena Levintova Allison

-----Original Message-----
From: Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU] On Behalf Of nataliek at UALBERTA.CA
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 3:36 PM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] non-bookish terms for "well-endowed," etc.

Dear List members,

I must say that the various recent discussions have made for some
interesting reading.

May I ask the following - and this is a matter of personal rather than
professional curiosity - what are the contemporary non-bookish, as in
street, terms for "well-endowed" and those other attributes that are
associated with sexual desirability in women?

And if Alina would be so kind, what are the culturally attractive body
parts in Russian culture, and perhaps also in other Slavic cutlures?
This question is getting close to professional interests.

Natalie Kononenko Kule Chair of Ukrainian Ethnography
University of Alberta
Modern Languages and Cultural Studies
200 Arts Building
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2E6