Infrastruktura = material'no-tekhnicheskaya baza?

Maryna Vinarska vinarska at YAHOO.COM
Thu Apr 13 22:15:03 UTC 2006

Steve Marder  wrote:I feel that “infrastructure” is part of MTB, but not synonymous with it.
.....................According to what I was said, these are still different things in Russian, and "infrastruktura" is "shire" than MTB. It still covers many things which "predprijatie" doesn't need to produce smth, like "skladskie pomeshchenija", "dochernie predprijatija", "obshchezhitija", etc. But these things belong now really to "infrastruktura predprijatija" unless it managed to get rid of it. Most kindergartens or hostels were "peredany v komunal'nuju sobstvennost' goroda".

So I saved in my mind that what Paul Gallagher said, meaning that the best English word for MTB is infrastructure, but you, guys, remember that in Russian "infrastruktura" and MTB are actually different things.

Poka poka.
MV