Translation in Wikipedia

Борис Орехов nevmenandr at GMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 15 12:52:46 UTC 2006

Dear SEELANGers!

Our workgroup (information is here:
http://ruthenia.ru/tiutcheviana/publications/public.html) started a
movement for translating an article about a great Russian poet F.
Tyutchev into as many languages in Wikipedia (a free encyclopedia
http://wikipedia.org/) as possible. Names of the translators are in
our honourable list now:
http://ruthenia.ru/tiutcheviana/workgroup/translators.html
Maybe someone of SEELANGers is able to translate an article into some
slavic language? Maybe Finnish? Or some else?

There is a list of languages, in which article about Tyutchev is already exist:

Arabic: http://ar.wikipedia.org/wiki/فيودور_إيفانوفيتش_تيوتشيف
Bashkir: http://ba.wikipedia.org/wiki/Тютчев%2C_Федор_Иванович
Bulgarian: http://bg.wikipedia.org/wiki/Фьодор_Тютчев
Czech: http://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fjodor_Ivanovič_Ťutčev
English: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fyodor_Tyutchev
Esperanto: http://eo.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fjodor_Tjutĉev
Estonian: http://et.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fjodor_Tjuttšev
French: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiodor_Tiouttchev
German: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fjodor_Iwanowitsch_Tjutschew
Hebrew: http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/פיודור_טיוטצ'ב
Italian: http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fëdor_Tjutčev
Lithuanian: http://lt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiodoras_Tiutčevas
Norwegian (bukmal only): http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fjodor_Tjutsjev
Polish: http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiodor_Tiutczew
Russian: http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Тютчев%2C_Фёдор_Иванович
Simple English: http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fyodor_Tyutchev
Spanish: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiodor_Tiutchev
Swedish: http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fjodor_Tiutjev
Turkish: http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fyodor_Tyutçev
Ukrainian: http://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Тютчев_Федір_Іванович
Welsh: http://cy.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ffedor_Tiwtsief

For your translation you may use an article in
Simple-English-Wikipedia:
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fyodor_Tyutchev the most simple and
short but informative text.

There is the one:

Fyodor Ivanovich Tyutchev (rus: Фёдор Иванович Тютчев; December 5,
1803 – July 27, 1873) was one of the most significant Russian poet and
diplomat. He lived in Munich, Turin. Tyutchev was a good friend of
Heinrich Heine, knew Schelling as well. Tyutchev didn't want people
know him as a poet. He didn't take any part in a literature life.

We know about 400 his poems. Russian people quote them very often. His
early poems are made in Russian poetic tradition of XVIII century. In
1830s we can find an influence of European (especially German)
romantism at Tyutchev's lyrics. He writes philosophic poems about the
universe, a nature and a human being. In 1840s Tyutchev writes several
articles about relations between Russia and Occidental civilization.
In 1850s Tyutchev creates several heartfelt poems, in which we see
love as a tragedy. These poems are combined into one cycle, named
"Denisievski". "Denisievski" means dedicated to a mistress of Tyutchev
– Elena Alexandrovna Denisieva. In 1860s–1870s Tyutchev writes mainly
political poems.

The most famous poem of Tyutchev is "Silentium!". This is a hard
appeal to be silent. Because a man never can understand another
person. A line "A word once uttered is untrue" is one of the most
popular aphorism of Tyutchev. As well as "We can't understand Russia
by the reason" and "We are not know, what will be the respond for our
word".

--
Всего доброго,
Борис Орехов