Onegin et al. (correction & reply)

Maryna Vinarska vinarska at YAHOO.COM
Tue Apr 18 03:00:02 UTC 2006

Daniel Rancour-Laferriere <darancourlaferriere at COMCAST.NET> wrote:
I do not expect apologies from either the homophobes who were personally offended by my assertion, or from the homophiles who disregarded my assertion after 1989.

................................As far as I remember, nobody attacked you at all for you to expect apologies.

I wonder if you ever sued any of literary critics...

Dear professor, what is it about at all? See Onegin like you want. It is your full right. Exactly like it is the full right of any other person to see Onegin like he or she wants.

And what is this nonsense with homophobes/homophiles? Tomorrow you may say that Pechorin is gay. Will everybody who doesn't see him that way also a homophobe? Are you going to say then that the whole this world consists practically only of homophobes?

And by the way, this world is very big. And you are not the center of this world. But it seems you don't realize it...

Actually, I like that Nietzschean "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it doesn't exist."

How about that? And let‘s stop this nonsense.

Regards,
Maryna Vinarska