seeking Petersburg apartment for June 06

Ian Helfant ihelfant at MAIL.COLGATE.EDU
Tue Apr 18 12:22:50 UTC 2006

Hello, all -- I'm looking for a centrally located apartment in Petersburg
for the month of June. I'll be doing research primarily at the National
Library with some trips as well to the Academy of Sciences Library and
Pushkinskii Dom. I'll be looking through mid to late 19th-century hunting
journals in pursuit of an ecocritical project on hunting and the rise of
conservationism in pre-revolutionary Russia. I'd appreciate any leads, as
I'd prefer to avoid going through one of the commercial real-estate
agencies.

A second question. Does anyone have a suggestion about the best way to
procure a visa invitation for this sort of research trip? I suppose one
could go through the normal commercial agencies, but suspect there may be
a more scholarly/cheaper route to getting an invitation. Many thanks for
any suggestions/leads.

Please reply off-list to ihelfant at mail.colgate.edu. Ian Helfant Associate
Professor of Russian 219c Lawrence Hall Colgate University Hamilton, NY
13346 315-228-7721 (w) 315-824-9185 (h) 315-228-7176 (fax)