Two Terms

Maryna Vinarska vinarska at YAHOO.COM
Wed Apr 19 08:24:15 UTC 2006

Then I would cal it "babij bunt" in Russian, not "babja draka"...

Inna Caron <caron.4 at OSU.EDU> wrote: Pretty much what was going on around here with Onegin's sexuality issue
in the last couple of weeks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU] On Behalf Of Maryna Vinarska
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 6:35 PM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Two Terms

"Bab'ja draka" (meaning between each other) (colloq.)
As to the second one, I don't know what it means in English.
MV

DBH  wrote: Dear Colleagues,
  Can anyone propose functional equivalents in Russian
for the terms "cat fight" and/or "pissing match?"
Variants for various stylistic registers would be
interesting.
  Regards
   JW Narins

-