The Best WAR & PEACE English Translation of All Time?

Michael Denner mdenner at STETSON.EDU
Thu Apr 27 20:51:05 UTC 2006

About the doughy duo... I meant doughty (resolute), but somewhere the
't' got lost in... I'll blame spell check. (I like the absurdity of the
image of a doughy duo, though.)

And 'attacking' the 'messenger' is certainly fair game: If you don't
know a language WELL and don't, in any substantive way, discuss the
generally recognized criteria for a translation, then you've written a
bad review.

Best,
mad
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*