Suggestions?

Catharine Nepomnyashchy cn29 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Sat Aug 19 23:27:10 UTC 2006

Dear All,

I would like to thank everyone for all the wonderful suggestions made about
what to read in my daughter's class.  I was "mystery reader" yesterday
(surprise parent reader of the week) and did in fact go with the Spirin
edition of The Firebird, although I took a couple of other versions of the
Firebird, including the Afanas'ev/Bilibin, to class to show the pictures and
played the Stravinsky music in the background.  The kids, who had been
studying fairytales earlier in the year--believe it or not, their
first-grade teachers were giving them a child friendly version of
Propp--were thrilled.  As to the other great suggestions, my daughter and I
have lots to read and view.  Thanks again, Cathy