looking for originals of Polish poems

Margarita Nafpaktitis nafpaktitism at VIRGINIA.EDU
Fri Aug 4 16:08:43 UTC 2006

Dear colleagues,

I've been working on putting together a collection of relatively short
poems in Polish with a variety of more or less accessible themes that
my first-year Polish students could potentially read and memorize.

To that end,  I'm looking for the original Polish versions of several
poems that I've found anthologized in translation, but for which I
have not yet managed to track down the originals.  Poets include
(shorn of their diacritics): Julia Hartwig, Mieczyslaw Jastrun, Julian
Kornhauser, Maria Korusiewicz, Ryszard Krynicki, Ewa Lipska, Antoni
Malczewski, Czeslaw Milosz, Cyprian Norwid, Wlodzimierz Pawlak, Jan
Polkowski, Piotr Sommer, Marcin Swietlicki, Ann Swirszczynska,
Wladyslaw Syrokomla, *Samuel* Twardowski, Adam Zagajewski.

Rather than providing the whole list of poems in this message, I've
put it on a webpage (see link immediately below), and I'd be grateful
to anyone who can point me in the right direction on where to find any
or all of them.

http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mn2t/looking4polish.htm

Thank you in advance!

Margarita
Margarita Nafpaktitis
Assistant Professor, Department of Slavic Languages & Literatures
University of Virginia
109 New Cabell Hall / PO Box 400783
Charlottesville, Virginia 22904-4783
Tel: (434) 924-3548   FAX: (434) 982-2744
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mn2t/home.html