The ever-challenging 3rd-year Russian language course

Marina Brodskaya marinab at STANFORD.EDU
Tue Aug 8 21:35:35 UTC 2006

Nicole,

I have recently put together a multimedia reader of
Zolotoj telenok (Il'f and Petrov-- hilarious, part of
the Russian vernacular).   Hats off to Richard Schupbach for creating the
original reader some time ago, which has been a staple of Third-year
Russian at Stanford.

What I've done is upgrade the text reader for the
the 'digital generation'  and create a cross-platform
(PC and MAC) super-easy to use multimedia reader with text, sound files for
the entire text, movie files, pictures,glosses, links, comprehension
questions, which can beeasily linked to your email, class webspace, etc..
The students found it helpful on many levels and super
easy to use. I am still tweaking it, trying to make
the file size smaller, adding things to it, but the
main elements are all there and the rest can be added
as needed.  Oh, and you don't need to buy any special
program to be able to use the multimedia reader.

Let me know if this is something you might be
interested in and I'll be happy to share it with you.

Marina Brodskaya