first Russian-language publication of Grossman's 'Life and Fate'

Vladimir Shatsev shatsev at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 9 03:34:43 UTC 2006

Dear Robert Chandler,

Thank you for your quick responce.I would   be happy to meet you in Toronto
and hope that I won't disappointed you in the conversations about Russian
Literature.I believe I am a person with whom you would enjoy speaking
professionally because of the following reasons:
1.I am the teacher of Literature with 26 years experience . I also had a
great deal of experience in exposing my students to samizdat in the form of
legal lectures and lessons.
2.On the website of Russian House you can find some of my essays about
literature which will  probably be interesting for you.

     And the question: where and how Voinovich had obtained the microfilms
of Life and Fate?

Regards,

Vladimir Shatsev

Language and Drama Teacher