Question for Native Speakers

Alexei Pavlov bestpava at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 11 00:19:26 UTC 2006

Dear Anthony!
Yes, this two prefixes seem to have a very close meaning in this particular
case. But it's only the feeling: prefix PRI- is used with several
prepositions afterward. If we use "prijti v+ Acc (place)", if "priehal +na+
Acc(event)". In both case we should use the verb of motion. "Kleit'" is not
this type of verb. I would rather use "prikleit' marku k + Dative(
konvertu)". That can be used but...in this case it's difficult to find out
from what side of the envelope we are going to stick a stamp.
According to what I said the only coreect variant here is: nakleit' marku na
konvert where both prefix and preposition have the same meaning.

Hope that could help you.

With respect,
PhD, Professor
St.Petersburg State university, Russia
The university of Suwon, South Korea
Pavlov Alexei Igorevich

From: "Vanchu, Anthony J. (JSC-AH)[TTI]" <anthony.j.vanchu at NASA.GOV>
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] Question for Native Speakers
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 08:24:46 -0500

A question on the use of verbal prefixes for the native speakers of Russian
on SEELANGS:

Do you: a) perceive any difference in meaning

and/or

b)would there be any difference in the situations where you would use:

PRIkleit' marku na konvert  (ðòéËÌÅÉÔ?ÍÁÒË?ÎÁ ËÏÎ×ÅÒ?

vs.

NAkleit' marku na konvert  (îáËÌÅÉÔØ ÍÁÒË?ÎÁ ËÏÎ×ÅÒ?

Thanks in advance!

Tony Vanchu

Dr. Anthony J. Vanchu
Director, JSC Language Education Center