Question for Native Speakers

Alexei Kokin alaix at YAHOO.COM
Fri Aug 11 07:54:32 UTC 2006

"The meaning of the prefix NA
corresponds to the preposition NA, and the meaning of the prefix PRI
corresponds to the preposition K." Exactly. Without consulting Dal', I would instinctively say "prikleit' marku k konvertu" rather than "na konvert." Yet to avoid the unpleasantly sounding "kukk," I'd either choose "prikleit' marku na konvert" or drop grammar in favor of euphony and use "prikleit' na." After all, it must be less of an offense than confusing "nadet'" and "odet'."

Edward M Dumanis <dumanis at BUFFALO.EDU> wrote:  If you check Dal', you will see that the meaning of the prefix NA
corresponds to the preposition NA, and the meaning of the prefix PRI
corresponds to the preposition K. However, it might be often mixed up
colloquially.

Sincerely,

Edward Dumanis