Ukrainian dance in Philadelphia, Aug. 19

nataliek at UALBERTA.CA nataliek at UALBERTA.CA
Tue Aug 15 21:56:13 UTC 2006

Quoting Sibelan E S Forrester <sforres1 at SWARTHMORE.EDU>:

> Voloshky Ukrainian Dance Ensemble, with guest artists from Ukraine,
> will present "STEPPES -- A Ukrainian Dance Spectacular" on Saturday,
> August 19, from 6:00-8:00 p.m. in the Perelman Theater of the Kimmel
> Center (260 South Broad Street, Philadelphia).
>
> To accompany the usual joy, athleticism, grace, energy, precision, and
> gorgeous costumes of Voloshky, master violinist Vasyl Popadiuk will be
> joined on stage by Myroslav Nazauk on tsymbaly and Victor Guzeyev on
> accordion.
>
> Some tickets are still available at <http://www.kimmelcenter.org>.
>
> For more information, see <http://www.voloshky.com/>.

My 2 cents - Voloshky are great.  Definitely worth going.  If you have
not seen this sort of stuff before, you should.

Natalie Kononenko

Kule Chair of Ukrainian Ethnography
University of Alberta
Modern Languages and Cultural Studies