Fwd: [SEELANGS] Research materials in Russia

June Farris jpf3 at UCHICAGO.EDU
Wed Aug 23 09:58:15 UTC 2006

The University of Chicago Library has 1895, 1897, 1899-1900, 1902
volumes of Vsia Rossiia on microfiche.
(our call number  microfcHF3623.V79)

These years were filmed from the holdings of the Russian National
Library of Russia (formerly the Publichnaia biblioteka imi.
Saltykova-Shchedrina). They were filmed commercially for RNB by
Norman Ross Publishers.

Our copy on microfiche is available for Interlibrary Loan. A printout
can be made from the fiche, if one has access to a microform
reader/printer, which can be found in most academic libraries and
many public libraries.

The microfiche copy of this at the Library of Congress has the
following call
number:
<http://catalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin//cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=CallNumber&SEQ=20060823053446&PID=20464&SA=Microfilm+24185+DK>Microfilm
24185 DK  Microform Reading Room
The University of Illinois Library (Urbana-Champaign) and Princeton
The Hoover Institution of Stanford University has some volumes in the
original print version, but I don't know if 1895 is included in their holdings

Just as a further note, the Russian National Library in SPb has its
own on fee-based on-demand copy/document delivery service (scanned
documents sent to the requester electronically), which is quite
good.  I've heard very positive responses about its service from our
faculty who have used it and from others, as well.
See http://www.nlr.ru:8101/eng/shop/pages/srv/srv.php?p=4

Hope this helps.
Regards, June Farris