FW: [SEELANGS] Typing Accented Vowels in Windows

Michael Berry M.J.BERRY.RUS at BHAM.AC.UK
Tue Aug 29 19:01:34 UTC 2006

The way which I use which works in Word (but I am not sure about anywhere else) is to use the "Combining Acute Accent" character code 0301.
You type a Russian vowel and then 0301 on the numerical pad and then press Alt and X together. You can create a shortcut from the Symbols chart by clicking on the Shortcut key and entering your own (shorter) combination for the stress mark.

Mike Berry
Honorary Senior Research Fellow,
Centre for Russian and East European Studies,
University of Birmingham,
Birmingham B15 2TT
UK