NATIVE/HERITAGE SPEAKERS OF RUSSIAN IN THE LANGUAGE CLASSROOM

Mourka Mourka at HVC.RR.COM
Sun Feb 5 14:20:47 UTC 2006

As a secondary teacher of Russian, French, and ESL, I find that peer teaching is very helpful in classes where there are multi-levels.  I find it a win win situation.  The students who know more can show their expertise and feel good about it and those who know less learn from them.  Students find it amusing and challenging learning from each other.  The teacher then stands back and makes sure all that is taught is correct.  This way you find out what the more advanced students really know.  Where they are weak and where they are strong.  Peer teaching must be done in a respectful way and not from "alright you know it all, then teach it".

That's my 2 cents.

Margarita