"putin(ov)shchina" exists.

E Wayles Browne ewb2 at cornell.edu
Sat Feb 25 18:57:27 UTC 2006

Fortunately, we don't have to speculate. Google finds about 377 instances
of putinshchina and about 33 of putinovshchina, some of which have
contexts enabling us to see how the users understand the words (others
just have vituperation).
--
Wayles Browne, Assoc. Prof. of Linguistics
Department of Linguistics

tel. 607-255-0712 (o), 607-273-3009 (h)
fax 607-255-2044 (write FOR W. BROWNE)
e-mail ewb2 at cornell.edu

> STEPHENBPEARL at CS.COM wrote:
> . ...
>>
>> 2) Does Russian have any tradiiton of formations like "Spoonerism" or
>> "Malapropism" where a particular idiosyncracy or eccentricity  of an
>> individual, real or fictional, is caricatured. If so, how far does
>> this go back.
and Paul B. Gallagher replied: