short short stories, even miniatures

Vladimir Shatsev shatsev at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Feb 26 15:19:42 UTC 2006

Oh yes.Thanks a lot for your recommendations.I will find the recommended
books.
Probably I was not very precise. I am looking for a  short short stories  in
translation such as Pushkin's  TABLE TALK,Tourgenev's POEMS IN PROSE,
Chekhov's RARA AVIS( Constance Garnet did not translate it) and Zapisniye
knizhki, Bunin's BERNAR or something even smaller,Tolstoi READING CIRCLE,
Something from Rozanov,  Babel's CEMETERY IN THE TOWN OF KOZIN and some
other miniatures,Ily Ilf's  ZAPISNIYE KNIZHKI,   Soljenitsin's
KROHOTKI,Shalamov's miniatures about Gulag,
Dovlatov's ZAPISNIYE KNIZHKI.
Living in Toronto now I continue to be active in teaching Russian literature
for my Canadian friends. I think that short short stories might be a
productive introduction before reading Fathers ,Sons or War and Peace etc.
I am interested in the texts of such type and  first of all in their
availability in internet.
Please give me some ideas where to get it.
Than you in advance.

Sincerely,Vladimir Shatsev
PS By the way how it is in English - Zapisnye knizhki ?

VS.