"Kon-chuk" - ? Russian/Ukr. for horse whip ?

Deborah Hoffman lino59 at AMERITECH.NET
Tue Jul 4 23:05:54 UTC 2006

Ah, then there is the charming beitsch (sp?) (if you'll excuse my non-YIVO pronunciation).  The Carpathians must have been short on horses and the simple switch had to do the trick in cheder.