Question on Russian Grammatical Term

Chuck Arndt chuckarndt at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jul 6 13:43:35 UTC 2006

Dear SEELANGers:

Does anyone know how to properly translate the term
"glagoly so svyazannoi osnovoi"?  I know "glagoly" are
"verbs" and "osnova" is stem, but I am not sure of the
function of the word "svyazannoi" in this term.  I
think it means "binding" in this context, but I am not
sure and don't know if there is an official
grammatical term for this in English.  Examples of
such verbs are: vypolnyat'/vypolnit',
vyrazhat'/vyrazit', and pred"iavliat'/pred"iavit'.

I would be very grateful for any input on this
question.

Thanks in advance,

Charles Arndt