Pushkin's emails

Joseph Peschio peschio at UWM.EDU
Sun Jul 23 04:45:58 UTC 2006

Perhaps not a big technological discovery, but a little technological
reminder to SEELANGers:  One can run full-text searches on various
editions of Pushkin's works and letters, along with many, many
volumes of Pushkin scholarship and pushkiniana,
at:  http://feb-web.ru/feben/pushkin/search.asp  I suppose that
pretty well obviates the need to create mbox files (though it's
certainly a fun idea!).

Besides Pushkin, the FEB-web Digital Scholarly Editions of Lermontov,
Griboedov, Tiutchev, Tolstoy, Batiushkov, Boratynskii, Esenin, and
Sholokhov are well underway, and new DSE are opening on a regular
basis.  We've added over 120,000 pages of text to the FEB-web
holdings over the last two years, not to mention lots of new audio
files, musical scores, graphic images, and research and reference
tools - so it's worth another look if you haven't visited in a while:
http://feb-web.ru

FEB-web remains a free resource supported in part by the Gorky
Institute for World Literature (RAN) and the Russian Ministry of
Communications and Informatisation.

Cheers,
Joe Peschio, English-Language Editor, FEB-web

>Date:    Fri, 21 Jul 2006 13:20:03 -0400
>From:    Inna Caron <caron.4 at OSU.EDU>
>Subject: Pushkin's emails (sic!)
>
>Well, today has got to be the day of big technological discoveries.
>I have just received an email from one of my students, alerting me to
>this online article by a scholar importing Pushkin's letters into his
>email client - for
>full-text search capabilities.
>
>Here is the link to the article, which includes the link to Pushkin's
>early correspondence. I imagine many will find it useful:
>http://www.idlewords.com/2006/07/from_pushkin.htm

Joe Peschio, PhD
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Russian
Slavic Languages Coordinator
Department of Foreign Languages and Linguistics
University of Wisconsin--Milwaukee
Milwaukee, WI 53201-0413 USA
(414) 229-4949
http://www.uwm.edu/Dept/FLL/faculty/peschio.html