"bystander problem" in Russia

JoAnne Van Tuyl jvtuyl at DUKE.EDU
Thu Jul 27 02:55:08 UTC 2006

I had an extraordinary taxi driver experience in Moscow:  he went to the
ends of the earth to help me make it in time for a train to Saratov, and
also came through splendidly when I asked him to somehow relay to my
telephone-less friends in Saratov that I would be arriving.   I related my
story to an American friend who lived in Moscow who was VERY
security-conscious, and her response was, "You know, I would trust a
Russian cab driver with my life."

--On Wednesday, July 26, 2006 2:13 PM -0700 Jose Alaniz