good Russ. to Engl. transl. software?

Prof Steven P Hill s-hill4 at UIUC.EDU
Thu Jul 27 19:08:08 UTC 2006

Dear colleagues:

Greg Armstrong, a former Russian student working on a project for
a govt. agency, raises the question attached below. If any of you
knowledgeable folks could provide him with suggestions, please
do so.  If possible, please reply directly to Armstrong's E-Mail address.
But if that won't work, you could reply to me and I would forward the
replies. -- Gratefully, Steven P Hill, University of Illinois.
_ ___ __ __ __ _

Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:07:37
From: Greg Armstrong <garmstr2 at uiuc.edu>
Subject: Translation Question

I have an assistantship doing cultural research for the Army
Corps of Engineers. I am currently researching Azerbaijan, and
more specifically Baku. Over the past few months I have been
able to find a number of different sources of information in
Russian.  My Russian is admittedly rather rusty and limited.

Therefore, my boss was wondering if there is any good
TRANSLATION SOFTWARE ON THE MARKET, FOR TRANSLATING
TEXTS FROM RUSSIAN TO ENGLISH. I know that the best
software can not compare to human translation, but given our
time frame,  it seems the best option. If you have any suggestions
on software or someone that I could ask, it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
Greg Armstrong <garmstr2 at uiuc.edu>
Graduate School of Library and Information Science,
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.