Pseudo-epenthetic /l/ in Slavic -acknowledgements

Thu Jul 27 22:44:34 UTC 2006

Alexandre Vaxman wrote:

> ... To go deeper into all this, I need, as I said, get the books
> first (Shevelov too, though I admit his book is very complex).

But well worth it. I must've read it through and through for several
years running during my time at OSU.

> My thanks also go to Mr. Gallagher.I just would like to ask him to
> cite a written reference to Tobias Scheer's work he recommended: the
> link to the hand-out doesn't function, so I would rather need the
> title.

The link to the handout
<http://www.unice.fr/dsl/tobweb/papers/Hdt%20Kristo-Scheer%20FDSL6%20Potsdam%2005.pdf>
works fine here -- make sure you have all of it.

At the top of his handout is a link to his home page,
<http://www.unice.fr/dsl/tobias.htm>, though of course the Acrobat
Reader can't open HTML pages so you'll have to use a browser.

The cited handout is called "The beginning of the word in Slavic," and
the only "citation" he gives is "FDSL 6, Potsdam 30 Nov - 2 Dec 2005."
You can find it at the link I cited in my original message, or by going
to the link above, choosing "_my own_ papers and handouts" (link at
upper left), scrolling down to the section "Handouts from Conference
Presentations and Abstracts," and clicking the links after the second
citation for 2005:

• Kristó, László & Scheer, Tobias 2005. The beginning of the word in
Slavic. Paper presented at Formal Description of Slavic Languages, 30
November - 2 December, Potsdam. Abstract .pdf (82Kb)  Handout  .pdf (208Kb)

The links are
<http://www.unice.fr/dsl/tobweb/papers/abstract%20Kristo-Scheer%20FDSL6.pdf>
(Abstract)
and
<http://www.unice.fr/dsl/tobweb/papers/Hdt%20Kristo-Scheer%20FDSL6%20Potsdam%2005.pdf>
(Handout -- this is the original link I cited)

If you really can't figure out how to access this page, write me
off-list and I'll email you a copy as an attachment -- "for personal
use," of course.

> By the way, I am well acquainted with other works by Scheer (I
> studied in the CVCV framework under Jean
>
> Lowenstamm's direction who had also been Scheer's teacher) but I  do
> not know this hand-out.
>
> I hope to answer Mr. Gallagher's email in detail upon reading
> Scheer's text.

I look forward to your insights.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.