No subject

James Bailey jobailey at FACSTAFF.WISC.EDU
Thu Jun 15 15:39:57 UTC 2006

Dear all,
     Over the years the system for getting a visa to Russia has
changed. When I went last fall I got a business visa through a
travel company.  Registering in Petersburg and Moscow almost
turned out to be a disaster. I have been told that I can get
an invitation from an institute in Moscow. Fine but what do
I do with it once I receive it?  At one time I dealt with Visa
Advisors in Washington D.C. Are they still around and can they
receive a visa for you through the Embassy or consulate in DC?
     One other question.  Do you have to register in every city
you visit? Could I go to Moscow and then leave via Petersburg?
     Please reply off line.  Thanks for your suggestions.
     James Bailey

James Bailey
1102 Hathaway Dr.
Madison, WI 53711