Belarus/Ukraine transit visas

Alyssa Dinega Gillespie gillespie.20 at ND.EDU
Thu Jun 15 17:53:40 UTC 2006

Dear Laura:

In 2001 I did exactly this: I received a transit visa to Belarus at
the Belarusian embassy in Warsaw, and traveled from there by train to
Moscow, and the same in reverse (stopping over in Brest and the
surrounding area for about four days on the way back to Warsaw).

The procedure was quite straightforward; it entailed two trips to the
Belarusian embassy, as I recall, with a day or so wait in between to
allow time for the documents to be prepared. But there were no lines
and no hassle (the visas didn't seem to be in great demand!).

Best wishes,
Alyssa Gillespie

Dr. Alyssa Dinega Gillespie
Associate Professor of Russian Language and Literature
Department of German and Russian
318 O'Shaughnessy Hall
University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, Indiana 46556