Russian films

Deborah Hoffman lino59 at AMERITECH.NET
Fri Jun 16 12:44:25 UTC 2006

The only difference I can see is that the Amazon one will play Region 1 and all-region, but not region 5.  Most of the Russian dvds I see online appear to be all-region - though Statskii sovetnik is Region 5.  Anyone with more experience know whether Region 5 discs are pretty rare anyway?

  >Date:    Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:53:37 -0400
>From:    John Isham <jfi1 at COLUMBIA.EDU>
Subject: Re: Russian films

Hello all,

Note that that particular DVD player (the Philips DVP642 Progressive