How to translate "ochered'" (not the kind for toilet paper)?

Loren A. Billings billings at NCNU.EDU.TW
Mon Jun 19 23:08:44 UTC 2006

"Paul B. Gallagher" <paulbg at PBG-TRANSLATIONS.COM> wrote:

>> By the way, _automatic_ has a specific meaning too. It's when the weapon
>> continuously fires without having to keep pulling the trigger; ...
>
> I understood it somewhat differently -- that the weapon fires
> continuously _as long as_ you hold down the trigger; in other words,
> that you don't have to release the trigger to fire the next round.

We are saying the same thing. I should clarify my own wording: the weapon
continuously fires without having to repeatedly release and pull the
trigger. By "keep pulling" I was referring to iterative pulls rather than
sustained pressure on the trigger.

> War doesn't determine who's right, just who's left.

Might makes right, as it were? --Loren Billings