"Catherine the Great" televised

Prof Steven P Hill s-hill4 at UIUC.EDU
Tue Jun 20 05:41:32 UTC 2006

Dear colleagues:

Does anyone out there have a definitive answer about the LENGTH
of the recent docu-drama, "Catherine the Great," starring Emily Bruni?
It was telecast last month in the USA by PBS-TV.  (On May 8 and May
15 in my part of the USA, which I missed,  unfortunately.  Mea culpa.)

I looked at various data bases and web-sites, and found rather
different citations of the running time(s) of this new "Catherine the
Great."  One site quoted 178 minutes, another 120 minutes, and a
third "57 minutes (2 parts)."  Go figure.

Cheers,
Steven P Hill,
University of Illinois.