Identify a Russian story

Alyssa Dinega Gillespie gillespie.20 at ND.EDU
Wed Jun 28 13:55:25 UTC 2006

Dear June,

It isn't precisely the plot that is described (drunkenness is not the
reason for the humiliation of others, and it isn't exactly a party of
soldiers we are dealing with), but could the story in question
perhaps be Chekhov's "Unter Prishibeev," which otherwise more or less
fits the description given?

Best wishes,
Alyssa Gillespie

Dr. Alyssa Dinega Gillespie
Associate Professor of Russian Language and Literature
University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, Indiana 46556