My personal invitation to you: SEELRC Summer Institute for Language teachers

Carol Ueland cueland at DREW.EDU
Mon Mar 6 19:34:16 UTC 2006

Laura Janda wrote:

> Dear Colleague,
>     I would like to invite you to join me this summer for a week-long
> workshop on honing our skills as teachers of Slavic and East European
> Languages. I will be your host, together with Edna Andrews, and look
> forward to welcoming you to this event, which is the premiere
> professional development venue for our field. You will be treated to a
> broad offering of ideas, as well as fellowship and food -- we promise
> to make your week as inspiring, informative, and enjoyable as
> possible! See you in June!
>     --laura janda
>
> Attention K-12 and College teachers:
>
> Announcing the annual Summer Institute of the Duke/UNC-CH Slavic and
> East European Language Resource Center.
>
> *ON-LINE Application now available http://www.seelrc.org/summer/*
>
> June 25-July 1, 2006
>
> “SLAVIC AND EAST EUROPEAN LANGUAGES: ACQUISITION, TECHNIQUES AND
> TECHNOLOGIES”
>
> SEELRC’s annual summer institute will take place June 25- July 1, 2006
> on the campus of UNC-Chapel Hill. This multifaceted institute provides a
> forum for networking and discussing theories of language pedagogy with
> peers; opportunities to learn about technological resources for language
> teaching; and hands-on workshops where you will design your own
> webpages, language exercises, and other interactive materials.
>
> Applications and further information are available at www.seelrc.org and
> from SEELRC, CB#5125, 223 East Franklin Street, Chapel Hill, NC
> 27599-5125. Phone: 919-962-0901. Email: jpinkham at email.unc.edu.
> Application deadline: April 15, 2006.

> --

Dear Laura,
    I'm considering attending this summer's institute if I can arrange
it.  I looked at the application but I don't see anything about costs.
How would I estimate the cost?  We currently have a grant at Drew that I
can apply to but I would need to submit a proposal fairly soon.  Sorry
to bother you about this--if there is a staff person who could help me,
please forward this e-mail.
    Bset, Carol