First-year Polish Textbook

Magdalena Maria-Anna Kay magdakay at UCLINK.BERKELEY.EDU
Tue Mar 7 18:22:05 UTC 2006

I tried out Brygida Rudzka's _Wsrod Polakow_ in my first-year Polish course and liked it, though
Miodunka is also excellent.  WP is more challenging than Swan, so for someone who knows some
Polish already, it may be better, and it is much more up to date in terms of vocabulary and
cultural details.  Also, WP has the great advantage of having some answers to exercises in the
back, which allows precisely this kind of student to work on his own, checking his work as he goes
along.