more about opera: smotret' or slushat'?

Elizaveta Moussinova emoussin at INDIANA.EDU
Fri Mar 10 15:56:43 UTC 2006

Privet Inna! :))

Kak dela?

It might depend on the focus with which one looks at the opera. To my
opinion, the primary focus of opera is music and voices of singers; the
visual part is secondary. I am not sure how the cast is chosen for an
opera exactly, but I suppose that they mainly pay attention to voices
(soprano, tenor, etc). An adult singer may be chosen to sing a part of
a 16-year-old thin fragile shepherdess. I think then "slushat' operu"
is right.

Liz Moussinova
Indiana University