Psychoanalysis and Russian Studies

Daniel Rancour-Laferriere darancourlaferriere at COMCAST.NET
Sat Mar 18 08:35:21 UTC 2006

Dear Inna Caron,
Can you really have written the following words?

>I have to say, I did not notice any negativity surrounding
>psychoanalytical approach in Russian literary studies.

Where have you been?  If it's not a secret, please tell me, so I can go
there too (although I would miss my sunny California)...

Seriously.  On the traditional, well-entrenched hostility toward
psychoanalysis in the Russian field, see my survey in the volume I
edited, _Russian Literature and Psychoanalysis_ (Amsterdam: John
Benjamins Publishing Company, 1989, pp. 1-38).  For the Russian version,
see my _Russkaia literatura i psikhoanaliz_ (Moscow: Ladomir, 2004, pp.
128-160).

I could tell some stories from as far back as thirty-five years ago.
But no, not yet.

Regards,

Daniel Rancour-Laferriere