The Bible in Russia

Daniel Collins collins.232 at OSU.EDU
Fri Mar 24 20:37:43 UTC 2006

On the Slavonic bible, see the following:

Slovar' knizhnikov i knizhnosti Drevnei Rusi: XI-pervaia polovina XIV
v., s.v. "Bibliia" (Leningrad: Nauka, 1987).

A. A. Alekseev, Tekstologiia slavianskoi biblii (Sankt-Peterburg:
Dmitrij Bulanin, 1999).

The following discusses both the Slavonic versions and translations
into Russian, including the Russian Bible Society, the Synodal version
of 1876, and the 1956 revision of the Elizabeth bible:

M. I. Rizhskii, Istoriia perevodov biblii v Rossii (Novosibirsk: Nauka,
1978).

  Daniel E. Collins, Chair
Department of Slavic and East European Languages and Literatures
The Ohio State University
400 Hagerty Hall
1775 College Road
Columbus, Ohio 43210-1340