Tooth traditions

Katya Jordan yvj2p at VIRGINIA.EDU
Sun May 7 02:56:31 UTC 2006

Dear Laura,

I've never heard of a tooth fairy in Russia, but we had a little mouse
(myshka) in my family.  When a baby tooth fell out, mom took it in the palm
of her hand and said something to the effect that now a little mouse has to
take the baby tooth and then a new tooth will come out, after which she
would shake her fist and then open it and -- oh my! -- the tooth is gone.

Katya Jordan
University of Virginia