Tooth traditions

Anastasia Kayiatos Akayiatos at AOL.COM
Sun May 7 03:20:32 UTC 2006

In a message dated 5/6/2006 8:19:56 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
yvj2p at VIRGINIA.EDU writes:

Dear  Laura,

I've never heard of a tooth fairy in Russia, but we had a little  mouse
(myshka) in my family.  When a baby tooth fell out, mom took it  in the palm
of her hand and said something to the effect that now a little  mouse has to
take the baby tooth and then a new tooth will come out, after  which she
would shake her fist and then open it and -- oh my! -- the tooth  is gone.

Katya Jordan
University of Virginia

sorry, i had to pass along the teeth in russia  thing...