Another query re theological language in Russian

Maryna Vinarska vinarska at YAHOO.COM
Sun May 28 11:40:53 UTC 2006

Jules Levin <ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET> wrote:but the Russian struck me as a euphemism for a euphemism.
............................Why do you think that it is an euphemism? What is it about at all?
Couldn't it just as easily imply "spousal companionship", which is
nice but not identical to "marital relations"?
Or is the Russian phrase also unambiguous?]
..................................Can't you give that phrase and the name of the chapter? The theological language is rather special. I doubt that it could mean smth like "spousal companionship" which is not identical to "marital relations", and only because it is smth theological. They would say it somehow differently, to my mind. But who knows? Maybe this is exactly what they mean. To decide if it is ambiguous or not without a context is simply impossible. Maybe they mean exactly "intimacy in a companionship"? But I doubt. What is it about?
MV