Washington DC fraud warning

Alina Israeli aisrael at AMERICAN.EDU
Mon Nov 13 03:17:20 UTC 2006

> so I "loaned" her $60
>for taxi fare to get her 2d car keys.  She was inclined to try for twice
>that sum, but my skepticism warned me to go no higher.

It would take probably as much time (as going to the suburb and come back,
even if it's legit) if you called the police and have them open the car.
They do that sort of thing if you lock yourself out. Even in DC. AAA also
does that kind of service, but you have to be a member. I doubt the old
lady was a member of anything legitimate.

 Alina Israeli
 LFS, American University
 4400 Mass. Ave., NW
 Washington, DC 20016