Trans-Sib Railway as Depicted in Literature

Emily Saunders emilka at MAC.COM
Thu Nov 16 07:02:36 UTC 2006

There is a most vivid description of traveling on the Turk-Sib in the
30's in Fitzroy Maclean's book "Eastern Approaches."  Not strictly
Trans-Sib, but very a very good read.

In terms of non-fiction, Vera Panova's "Poezd" comes to mind about a
WWII hospital train.  Most of it takes place on the Western Front, but
I do believe that there is a section where they head towards
Novosibirsk.

Emily Saunders