Crimes of Passion in Russian Literature (19-21 centuries)

Inna Caron caron.4 at OSU.EDU
Thu Nov 30 07:08:57 UTC 2006

19th century:
Lermontov, Maskarad (spouse)
Leskov, Lady Macbeth Mtsenskogo uezda (rival)
Tolstoy, D'iavol (lover)
Chekhov, Platonov (P'esa bez nazvaniia) (spouse)

20th century:
Bunin, Legkoe dykhanie (lover)
Zamyatin, Navodnenie (rival)
Shishkov, Ugrium-reka (lover)
Nabokov, Lolita (rival)
Shukshin, Liubaviny (spouse)

21st century:
Sadur, Vechnaia merzlota (spouse)

-----Original Message-----
From: Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU] On Behalf Of Dunja Popovic
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 10:37 PM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] Crimes of Passion in Russian Literature

Hi! I was just wondering if anyone could give me suggestions for texts
of
Russian fiction dealing with crimes of passion -- e.g. murder of
adulterous spouses. I'm especially interested in examples from 20th-
century literature. Thanks for any help you can give me!